Friday 1 April 2011

Judging for Speakersbank in E17

I am delighted to have been asked back by SpeakersBank this year to judge their Waltham Forest Jack Petchey Speak Out Challenge final along with luminaries such as Stella Creasy (moi with Stella!).

I did this a couple of years ago in Stratford and was asked last year but could not do it unfortunately.

Speakersbank (though probably officially a competitor of Resonance Voice Training) provide a great service to young people encouraging them to develop their Public Speaking skills and confidence within schools. The talent is fantastic and it is great to see young people develop their ability to argue a case and perform to large enthusiastic audiences.

It is a competition so although I know they will all be good I will be looking for that something extra...perhaps a connection with the audience, commitment and passion for the subject and quality of delivery. I intend to keep my ears open for the ubiquitous rsing upward terminal inflection!

More next week,
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment